I love to cook! In fact the whole point of this blog is to one day turn it into a cookbook/memoir. I want something tangible that I can pass on to our kids someday. I want them to know me, understand me, and be proud of me. Granted, we don’t have any kids yet but I can definitely see it in the near future.
Growing up, my idea of spaghetti is basically tomato sauce with a ton of sugar, hot dogs, and grated cheddar cheese. I am filipino after all. We do things a little different. I wanted to make this dish different to what I’m accustomed to. Here’s what I came up with:
9-10 Vine-ripened tomatoes
1 Package of spaghetti
Salt and pepper
Dash of Sugar
Cooked Italian Sausage
1. Cook pasta and sausage according to packaging directions.
2. In a large sauce pan, saute crushed garlic with olive oil. Add diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
4. Add fresh basil leaves and a pinch of sugar.
5. Toss spaghetti with cooked sauce. Serve warm with sliced Italian sausages.
It was a hit! 🙂